Overview of candidate:
Name: Tyler Willis
Currently: Open to receiving offers for part-time, freelance, contract work
Summary of Skills: Front-end web development, Digital marketing, SEO
Years Experience: ~7 years in development and digital marketing
What I'm looking for:
Hi, I'm Tyler Willis, a web developer and digital marketer, and actually the founder of this online community - Us Enduring. I'm currently employed but am open to receiving offers for part-time work in front-end web development and/or digital marketing.
I generally enjoy projects where I can work either with a small team or by myself, but especially when I'm given the trust and space to be creative and own and manage my workflow.
I would also expect to be respected for the plethora of skills and experience that I bring to the table, and given tasks and projects that align with my skills. It's important to me to know that I'm being given a fair chance at being successful in my role and any project that comes along.
What makes me unique:
From my previous experienced, I've gathered that I have a unique combination of developer, marketing and interpersonal skills. Many developers can code but don't understand the perspective of marketing. Many marketers don't know what's possible from a developer standpoint.
And both are often focused on their specific niches without having the ability to correspond with clients, manage and lead calls and oversee a team.
I feel equally adequate in all 3 areas with approximately 7 years of development and digital marketing experience, and 5 years of account management experience. I think this is ideal for not only handling and succeeding in smaller, solo projects, but also being a member of a team where these different roles exist.
This also gives my employer an advantage by having an employee who can fill in and cover for multiple positions, and do them well.
B.S. Marketing Management, Bob Jones University, 2010
Designit, Seattle, WA, Front-end Developer, April 2021 to Present
- Successfully turned around and launched a failing project that was under-resourced and approved at less than 1/3rd of the original, estimated cost.
- Created client-facing React applications and integrated them with Contentful headless CMS.
Mullin/Ashley, Chestertown, MD, Full-stack Developer, January 2016 to April 2021
- Designed and developed web applications for clients using React, Node.js, SCSS, PHP and SQL.
- Initiated and optimized SEM and SEO campaigns averaging ad spends of $50,000 per year.
- Maintained over 30 cPanel hosting accounts and 3 cloud servers.
- Built and maintained a custom CMS platform using Node and Express for the API and React for the administrator UI. Allows users to manage all website content including file sharing, bulk upload of content, forms, image compression, SEO, comments shop and products, and more.
- Node.js NPM modules for modular route file nesting and formatting date/time strings.
- Shipped multiple SAAS products:
- A web accessibility product with UX optimization and a UI modal leveraging a Node/Express API.
- A programmatic SEO campaign creation and hosting tool.
- An on-site UI that allows users to easily manage and update their SEO meta tags.
- A web plugin that secures and protects copyrighted images on websites.
- Created a digital marketing and web development agency, created content, free projects and visualizations
Thanks for reviewing my candidate profile. Please reach out if you have any questions or interesting projects!
If you'd like to see more, you can check out my personal website at tylerewillis.com!